UVic Student Page
Yes! And massage too!
As a University of Victoria undergraduate student, $120 of your tuition money is automatically put towards your Green Shield personal health care plan. If you have not physically signed a waiver opting out of this coverage by showing you have other health coverage, then you have thousands of dollars worth of insurance coverage with alternative health practitioners waiting for you.
Take advantage of a combined $1000 of treatments in acupuncture and massage at our Care Clinic.
$500 in Acupuncture Treatments!
$500 of Massage Therapy!
No gimmicks! No exceptions! No worries!
How does it work?
You provide us with your Green Shield Patient Number, and we bill for you. You pay nothing for the first $1000 worth of combined Acupuncture and Massage treatments. It is that simple!
What if I am not a UVic student?
You may be surprised to learn that there is still a good possibility that you have extended health coverage for acupuncture and massage. Check with your school or employer to learn about your benefits. Also, if you live with your partner, you can often gain coverage through him or her. If you are certain that you do not have health coverage, you can still access our Drop-In clinic for only $20 a treatment on Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons from 2-4 PM.
Why should I receive Acupuncture or Massage?
Acupuncture and Massage have been scientifically proven to help you increase, maintain or regain your health on many different levels. These are just a few of the reasons to try acupuncture and massage:
- to find pain relief from annoying injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome or conditions like migraines and headaches,
- to increase clarity and concentration to help you focus your studies and write better exams,
- to reduce stress and anxiety to help you cope with day to day life,
- for a better night's sleep,
- for unsightly scars, acne and other blemishes (see Cosmetic Acupuncture page),
- to improve your digestion,
- to help eliminate and recover from addictions (see Acupuncture Detoxification page),
- or to simply relax for an hour while one of our practitioners pampers you.
How does Acupuncture work?
Click here FAQs about acupuncture.Free Acupuncture?